Friday 27 March 2015

A Barlow Wadley portable radio with the FM button

Those of you who are regulars to this blog will remember that I had a stroke of luck a year back (was it more?) and was offered a very nice Barlow Wadley in a clean and working condition.

Reading up on the set I find that it is very good on power use from its six 1.5v batteries. I fitted nicads, they lasted a whole year!



Ok I do have an external power source but from time to time the set is using the batteries.

With yet another Eskom power outage the other day I fitted new batteries and was soon listening to a sports feature on the BBC World Service, so clear and sharp too, I was tuned to a frequency around 15,400 which has not been active here for some while now, the time was 17.00 so 15.00 BST (GMT)

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment